Heat issues with the IPHONE? Anyone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by smokeytl, Jul 20, 2007.

1. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

I did experience while talking on the phone for about 20 minutes that the phone does get a little hot.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

It does tend to get warm through either extensive use, or fresh off the charger, but given the amount of stuff crammed into it, and the lack of a passive air cooling system, I'm not surprised.

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

This will probably just be the metal heating up with hot palms. I haven't read of any overheating problems.

4. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say overheating but for sure its not the your palms heating up..:p i agree with anomalight, there are so many things runnung in there and no ventilation.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

This is a bit off topic, but does the iPhone have any operating noise. My friend has MOTO KRZR, and it makes this kind of whiney noise every now and again, usually when loading multimedia up. I dunno if it's broke or what, but it's really annoying.

6. anomalight

Nope (read: no moving parts inside (even the squeal that can LCD screens can sometimes make is not there)). The only noise I have is not even from the phone directly, but an artifact of it being on a GSM network: the buzz/interference in my car speakers, desk speakers, etc...I had an 8125 and it was kind of bad, but it's worse now because it is constantly updating mail.

And, back on topic, I'm amused by the idea of me keeping the phone in my palms while I was charging it...it's a funny image.

-a

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ah, that little noise. I understand what you mean. I wonder if at a concert it has ever belted out of the huge speakers "du du dududu du du du" haha.

I don't really get your last comment there, what's funny about holding a phone. Maybe I'm just missing something.

8. anomalight

You'd suggested that the heat was from "hot palms", which works for talking or surfing, but my comment about charging it was a bit of a stretch and, thus, an amusing image.

And in your scenario, the metal could only get as hot as your own body temperature which you wouldn't notice, until you put it down and gave your skin a chance to change temperature before the metal did.

-a

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ah right, LOL, sorry I'm slow somedays.