Wait For iPhone or get XDA?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by saubryn, Jul 19, 2007.

1. saubryn

saubryn New Member

Hi all,

As I said in my first post, I live in the UK. I can't find anywhere over here selling iPhones, so I assume we're going to have a wait before they make it to this lovely rip-off-land that is Britain.

I'm saving up for a new phone. I can almost afford an XDA / M5000 / JasJar - whatever they call that phone depending on the network selling it. I can't decide if I should get one of those - which would mean waiting till well after the iPhone makes it over here to buy, or just wait it out with my old, flakey phone and buy an iPhone at launch.

I know I want one in the long run - will the phone be reliable at launch? How much has the price fallen since they came out in the USA?

2. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

The price has not, and I suspect will not be cut for at least a year (otherwise we'd have a lot of pissed off early adopters (it took the PS3 a long time to receive its current price cut)).

As to should you wait, only you can say for sure. I love mine, but if I couldn't buy one and had the option the XDA, I'd be torn. I just came off of a Cingular 8125, so the attraction to another full-keyboard based phone would be high. But hind-sight being what it is, I'd probably have waited.

HTH,
    -j

3. saubryn

saubryn New Member

Thanks for your response.

It's going to be a tough decision, if only I knew the exact date the thing would be out over here :(

Its taken ages to save up this much, though - so I think I'll try to wait. If my existing phone gets any worse or dies completely then I'll buy the XDA, but I'll try to make it last as long as possible.

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

I would stick out for an iPhone, once you see one of your mates with one, you are going to regret getting the XDA.

Anyway, yeah, when it comes to Britain, don't expect it to be the £250-£300 it should be, more like £350-400 for a 4GB, and god knows what ridiculous figure for the 8GB.