Extended Warranty - Is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by drew888, Jul 17, 2007.

1. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

With every tech gadget it always seem to offer that extended warranty to get a few more bucks out of those willing to pay for it. Is it really neccessary to PAY for more warranty?

Apple Inc will be offering an AppleCare extended warranty for the iPhone in July. The iPhone AppleCare plan will essentially extend the regular 90 day warranty for an additional year. Cost? Around $70. This iPhone warranty plan is both simple and safe, but it won’t cover any accidental “incidents” involving your iPhone. That means you are on your own for any problems that are not manufacturers defects or simple software glitches; so no replacement if you drop your iPhone while getting onto the subway.

SHouldn't Apple already have a warranty for a year or two on the iPhone considering the price?

2. uazwildcats

uazwildcats Member

Hi, the current warranty is one year, so $69 will extend it for one year (total of two years). I'm not sure of any warranty (for any company) that covers dropping your phone, that kind of coverage is more like insurance that has been typically sold to cover cell phones, I don't believe any insurance is currently available for the iPhone.

3. nightshade

nightshade New Member

U skared mw.. The phone has a year manufactory plan... Free

4. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

I heard only about one year warranty but I myself got warranty of three years. Does this warranty policy is different for every country? Let me know.

5. ifphonic

ifphonic Member

I have 1-year warranty. But the question here is... does it make sense to pay $69 for one more year? How do you think?

6. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Applecare Warranty Is Well Worth The $$$

I bought the Applecare for my iPhone and I have had excellent help from the Genius Bar at my local Apple retail store.

If you live anywhere near an Apple retail store, you definitely should get the maximum Applecare warranty coverage that is available. You will not regret it!