Transfer Now Contacts to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Falconjdm, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Falconjdm

Falconjdm New Member

We use Now Up to Date and Contacts version 4.5.2.

I have just purchased an iPhone and want to export the contacts and notes (if possible) to my iPhone.

I know that the iPhones easily sync to MS Outlook but we are using Mac computers OSX 3.9 or higher and I do not think the Outlook has a Mac version.

Can anyone suggest the steps to take to export my approximately 3,700 contacts to the iPhone?

2. jeffl1001

jeffl1001 New Member

MS has Outlook Express for the Mac, If I remember correctly. I'd export your Contacts to Tab diliniated file or something that Outlook Express can import and then iTunes will read the outlook Express file to import your contacts... As far as Notes, I'm not sure what to do about them. On the PC side I don't see an option to Sync them in iTunes :-(

3. alkoller

alkoller Member

Try Plaxo or Gmail

Another approach is to use Plaxo (a free contact management service that is web-based, cares nothing about Windows vs. Macs of any flavor) or Gmail (same deal). Export or import your contacts from whichever end works best for you, then save to your desktop and let iTunes sync you up. I transferred almost 1800 contacts - my entire collection -- from both Windows and Mac accounts, and they came through great.