iPhone Activation: Hope You Didn’t Plan to Use Your Phone Today

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by Hazel, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

The Apple Press - iPhone Activation: Hope You Didn’t Plan to Use Your Phone Today

To me, that's pretty ridiculous. Activation isn't great at the the best of times, but it is appalling to leave people without a phone.

2. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

took me just over 3 days of constantly calling them to get my phone activated. i had some kind of canada roaming feature (i never asked for) that they could not remove from my plan (for whatever reason). it was blocking access to my phone.

3. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

I was the first in line Friday and FINALLY got it up on Tuesday due to being in a different state and market and COULD NOT EXPORT MY OLD NUMBER! It didn't help that the techs at 1.800.MY.APPLE or 1.800.MY.iPHONE hadn't had proper training on the questions that they may have been asked and not know where to transfer the calls.

4. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

yea. It was pretty sad when I called apple and constantly heard people say " this is new to us too so we don't exactly know how to help you". I cant count the amount of times i heard that. O and apple saying "that's a AT&T issue not us, u have to call them. Then AT&T passing the buck back to apple.