Apple Admits iPhone Battery Bug

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by drew888, Jul 13, 2007.

1. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

A number of users said they their iPhone battery icon was not showing a full charge. A website contacted Apple and got the following response to this issue: "Your battery is fully charged, but the UI (User Interface) is just not correctly reflecting this. We expect to fix this in a software update."

Read the story at:
    iPhone: Apple Admits iPhone Battery Bug

2. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

Ah, makes sense. Same thing happens with my ipod. Not a huge problem, as you know that it'll be charged if you've left it overnight.

3. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's just minor. I'm sure the next version of the iphone will have this and most other issues rectified.

I have heard the next version could be out as early as Christmas. If true it's like this was a test run to get ready to tap into the Christmas season market. We'll see.

4. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I too think that is a very minor issue. When working with these types of issues you can generally count on working with the company to get the problem solved.

5. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

Anyone still having this problem? When its charging the lightning sign is over the battery on the top right of the screen and the battery meter will not stay out of the RED. Is this just a software update? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4GB Iphone Locked on AT&T
    Version: 1.1.1 (3A109a)

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

My 5G iPod has a tendancy to fly down to the red in a matter of half and hour or so, and then just sit at the red for hours until it dies. Really pointless, I'd rather they just gave my a percentage there instead of an unrealistic icon.

7. ban1414

ban1414 New Member

Apple and got the following response

they their iPhone battery icon was not showing a full charge. A website contacted Apple and got the following response to this issue: "Your battery is fully charged, but the UI (User Interface) is just not correctly reflecting this. We expect to fix this in a software update.

8. rafayj

rafayj Member

3g has a battery bug too. Lately my battery is just running for 8-10 hours daily on a full charge, not more then that.