iPhone Hackers: "we have owned the filesystem"

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Hazel, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

iPhone Hackers: "we have owned the filesystem" - Engadget

2. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

Hackers are always trying to get into things and figure it out.

There were people busting open their iphones on the first day to get into the iphone code and "look" around. Why anyone would want to blow $500 to crack open an iphone just to get into the code I don't know.

3. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I think that they would so that they can see what makes it tick. If they have the money to do this why would it really matter what their motivations are. Maybe they are able to add additional features to the phone that it does not already have.

4. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

Exactly, as that article shows. The filesystem allows them to add custom ringtones, wallpapers and more. Isn't that enough reason to take the iphone apart?

5. bnicholson2

bnicholson2 Member

I've been hearing so much about hacking the iPhone lately that I don't even know what to believe. So many people are saying they have it unlocked or that they have the file system and actually do not know any of what they claim to.

6. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

The iphone lacks certain easy features. for example, i am no computer hacker but i know for a fact it is not hard to write a program that can enable me to change ringers for messages, or us my music as ringtones. those features should have been a sinch for apple's programers to throw in there. not to mention every pda phone out there (that i know of) has both of those features. and the camera. i think its good. but why can't it zoom. after you take the picture you can zoom the picture all u want. so why can't u do it while your taking a picture. that is also an easy feature they could have added to the phone when they were making. i think they left all that out so they can later sell them as programs to add to your phone. it seems to me like apple wants u to spend all your money on the iphone (hint hint... it cost so much). i have so far returned 3 ipod accessories (latest one today) to radio shack cause they said it would work for the iphone. my point is that all the stuff that is missing from the iphone that should have been there is not there for a reason. MONEY. they will be available soon for a price. maybe 3.99 for a game or 19.99 for a program they are going to nickle and dime us to death, cause they know they can. i mean,,, we paid 600 dollars for a phone. it's obvious we are willing to put the money out. for us it sucks, but from a apple marketing point of view it's a good money making opportunity.