Quick punctuation

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by anomalight, Jul 10, 2007.

1. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

I think I found this on Engadget:

When using the keyboard, instead of tapping the .?123 button (where it will stay until you tap ABC), tap and hold, then slide your finger to the punctuation you want (keys will enlarge as you move); when you have selected the one you want, release your finger, and the keyboard automatically goes back to ABC.

-a

2. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

A lot of different cool little tips and tricks for the iphone are popping up. YouTube has plenty of demonstration videos. Some better than others.

3. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

It is fantastic to find a way to make it easier to text. You know in todays world you have to be quick with your fingers and learn the quickest way to make it happen.

4. bnicholson2

bnicholson2 Member

Great tip! I've heard that typing on this thing is a pain, but I can't imagine how difficult using punctuation would be. I'm bookmarking this thread so I can use the tips when I get an iPhone.

5. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

thanks for publishing tip, but I am sorry I couldnt understand this tip.

6. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

What is it you don't understand? instead of tap typing u can hold down your finger to any key you would like. its a more accurate.

Thanks A!

7. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

Place your finger on the screen and slide to the key you want; they will blow-up as you slide over them. when you get to the one you want (that is blown up) release your finger and it will be selected.

-a

8. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. now I understood it, and I am enjoying typing on my iphone.