Why do you WANT an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Jamson, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Hey Guys,

Just thought i would throw this out there.. why do you want an iPhone? It is pretty much just like any other mobiles out there, with a fancy touch screen and the Apple logo on it.

Enough from me.. why do you want one?

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Why do you care so much? Seems to me if you do not want one you should not be on this board. And it is so NOT like any mobiles out there did they sell 1 million the first week? does that not tell you something? If you can not afford it I am sure they will have a cheaper one for you soon.

3. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

I was just asking for everyone's opinions so we can share them. No reason to bash me on these forums.

Do you have something against me or something? It's the second time a nasty comment has come from you after a post i have made.

4. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Why come to a Iphone board, when you do not even own one or want one just to make up crap and bitch? Maybe if you really where informed about ANYTHING someone might care, but anyone that has one knows your full of crap

5. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Oh i am sorry, i thought this was a discussion forum where we can talk about anything about the iPhone. Not where people can bash everyone for talking about it.

6. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

Jamson,

Look at the title of your post and tell us you meant nothing by capitalizing "want". I read it as "defend yourself for wanting an iPhone". Which I will gladly do, by referring to your original post:

"It is pretty much just like any other mobiles out there"
    Have you seen one? Have you used one? What other mobile phones is it like? I have one, and I can tell you that it's unlike anything else on the market. No stylus, no navigation via keyboard, just an intuitive interface that makes using it much easier than anything else I have owned (HTC, Palm, Qualcomm). It fits into the way I use a mobile device better than I could have hoped.

"...with a fancy touch screen and the Apple logo on it"
    That's it? Hardly.

First off, it's not the typical phone touch screen. There is no grid of tiny dots that require pressure to respond to input, but instead the iPhone has a completely clear screen that responds to the electromagnetism present in your fingers. And it's optical glass, so it's rigid, unlike typical plastic screens that bend if you touch them (I'll wait patiently for the rebuttal that glass breaks easier...).

As for the Apple logo, do you think that they just took some existing phone and slapped it on there? This is an Apple product through and through. The form factor is small (again, have you actually held one?), thin and elegant. For the amount of stuff they have crammed into it (behind the largest screen on the market), it is thinner that anything else, even the blackjack. The UI is classic Apple, as is the syncing.

As to why did I want one? Well, outside of being the dreaded "early adopter", I am of the opinion that you get what you pay for. I spent $500 on "a phone" because it's not just a phone. It is exactly what they promised. Some will argue that it's not the "real web", but dammit if it isn't better than anything else out there today. And almost all of the complaints about it right now can be fixed with software updates.

Why else? Because it is how I use a mobile device: phone, calendar, contacts, automatic email check every 15 minutes, and the occasional web surf (and with wifi and coffee shops, it's not an inconvenience).

I hope that answered your question, however leading you intended it to be.

-a

7. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

It seems to me that it is not your business to tell other people where they should or should not be.

8. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

Now Now children...This is iphonechat not iphoneargue.

If you kids don't start behaving right now I'll turn the car around and we're all heading back to Springfield.

9. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Wow,when I read the thread I did not take it as a defend your reason for wanting to have an iPhone. I read it as tell me why you want one when the phone really only has a different look and other features than any other phone out there.

So back to the topic. Here is my answer: I would want one because of the many features such as the iPod features and video features that seem to be better with this phone then with general mobile phones.

10. salb80

salb80 Member

I got my I phone because I did not want to be stuck with a phone for 2 years that ran on Windows Mobile. I am tired of Windows Mobile. My other option was a blackberry but the data plan was too expensive through ATT. My Iphone plan is only 20 bucks more than what I was paying before. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!