iPhone Competitor?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by xmh, Jul 5, 2007.

1. xmh

xmh New Member

Has anyone heard much about the HTC Touch? HTC Touch ... Very nice looking phone with the same touch screen interface as the iPhone. I don't believe its currently available in the US but it looks like if this phone were to enter the US with multiple carriers, they could potentially take over the iPhone madness. What does everyone think?

2. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

Looks pretty cool, very nice. To me, it does seem like a bit of an iphone rip-off. Seriously, i'm hoping that other manufactures (such as Palm) at least come up with something different rather than just copying the iphone.

3. xmh

xmh New Member

I agree. However, how much different can you get with this new technology? I feel like it will be like current cell phones. Almost every cell phone out right now is similar with very little difference in features. It's basically the size and shape that differ. At this point I don't think I really would mind a rip-off as long as it could be supported for other carriers.

4. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

I see what you mean, but it isn't impossible. Look at a Creative Zen compared to an ipod, they are both mps players but they run on quite different interfaces. Personally, I prefer the Creative Zen but that's just a matter of personal opinion.

5. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

i am living in US california, but i travel a lot to middle east on business ...the HTC models are available in the middle east already, Kuwait, Qatar, Dubai etc already have 2-3 different types of their models..

i did see them, though since i never heard of them much before..i didnt even take much interest in them.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

To me, I'm sorry, but it's nothing on the iPhone.

The iPhone magic is the interface slickness, the animations, the accelorometer, the whole iPod Coverflow.