iPhone not compatible

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by attagirl2, Jul 2, 2007.

1. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I have read that iPhone is not compatible with some of the programs and iperating systems that people are using. Such as Windows Vista and Adobe Flash. If this is the case, would they eventually make it compatible or what is the intention. If you know anything please let us know. thanks

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Can not run streaming videos on the web, can not use Java, can not save images, and U think Windows Vista is going to work anytime soon?

3. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

I would assume they are already working on improving it to some degree and will take into account any complaints or concerns they get from consumers. I can almost bet they will have another version of the iphone out next year or after they sell all the current models.

4. MaxPower

See but that is what I worry about, I do not want to wait for the “next” phone to come along before we have basic web functions. Especially the streaming video thing, as it has a built in video player, hell its one of its biggest functions but web videos are not able to even be converted to play on the phone while big companies like YouTube.com some how are going to be allowed to do the same?

Seems really fishy, and easy to fix. Now safari is known for having its applications integrated with-in its browser, and they knew people would want videos on the thing (even created a button for them) but did not think to add the player in safari from the start?

How long before we are allowed free web access, just until someone else is about to offer it in as good or better package? Its like the messaging thing, I get the feeling they want to play that messaging charge thing on web video content as well so IVideos will make them even more money.

I dont know, I can see them just doing a update to safari and then it will suddenly work is what that browsers is supposed to be about. Yet I do worry on the verge of the US market anyway really having access to the mobile net that a HUGE part of it will be controlled by a cooperation

5. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

iphone's browser does not support flash or java scripts. It is the worst part of its features. I hope they fix this bug quickly in the next model or it will really affect their sales.

6. MaxPower

Well not sure we will have to wait for the “next model” all we need is a update to make all these MPEG4, Flash, Java, and safari player issue vanish. This is a programming issue, or a software problem not a hardware problem all we need is some good updates to the browser and a few other functions.

What updates they will offer, when will they offer them, and how long we will have to wait to get the “whole package” is the real questions. I am sure the Iphone2 will have more functions, and be a bit faster, but more memory will be most of its appeal I am sure. Memory to save all those home movies or DVD’s U want to take around with U every place or exchange with other movie files on your PC

7. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

Are you sure that updates will be enough. I have heard it will never support JAVA and will not allow the installation of any third party softwares. Only apple stuffs can be installed.

8. MaxPower

Maybe not Java, I know Flash for sure but their too we can not expect to have our home PC in a cell phone but this is so close to that people are kind of expecting something that will fit in you pocket to be “all that” maybe Iphone3 might be as good as the home PC’s U have 10 years ago though, and that is awesome if U think about it