iPhone with AT&T service

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by attagirl2, Jul 2, 2007.

1. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I am not a big fan of AT&T do you think that iPhone will ever be available for any other service. Or is this an agreement strictly between the two companies, to help them both.

2. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

I believe they have a 5 year contract together if I'm not mistaken. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but I am pretty sure I read it was 5 years with AT&T.

3. wtbivings

wtbivings New Member

I heard thru 2009...

4. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that it is possible to pay in order to get released from using AT&T, but I can't remember where and it was a huge price.

5. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

I've heard they have a 5 year contract with AT&T and to get to another service you have to pay $175 after a 1 year contract. I'm not sure if this is the right news or not. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

6. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

That's what I read, as well. Seems ridiculously expensive, and it still means you're locked into a year with AT&T. I haven't seen any news of Apple officially announcing this.

7. sbhatt

sbhatt Active Member

They're stupid for not trying to commit contracts with other companies which are just as big, such as Verizon. Actually truth be told as Verizon I wouldn't even want to be apart of it right now, with all the negative feed back coming in they're probably wiping their brows right now and sighing in relief.