features that have disappointed you

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by attagirl2, Jul 2, 2007.

1. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

What features were you looking forward to, that failed to provide you with what you wanted? I know that a lot of people have complaints about many things. I would like to know what features have not lived up to expectations of the iPhone.

2. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

Well the first thing is ofcourse full web access. It cannot stream web videos, does not have 3G capability, the camera is just 2 mega pixel without any zoom or flash. Aren't these among the important features that are expected?

3. johnnyappleseed

johnnyappleseed New Member

no GPS... the most dissapointing missing feature for me... unfortunatley, it will probably only come in future iphone and not be an upgrade... they are great at naking you spend hundereds of dollars for the latest and greatest only to be obsolete or old news anyway in a few months... lol

no video or zoom on camera... pretty lame...

so far, i have had no success in getting contacts or calendar off my Outlook

4. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

Well its a really dissappointing part. You can't even install third party softwares. The first model really lacks behind in some places as compared to other phones.

5. lindsaylohan

lindsaylohan New Member

the camera sucks.

6. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

Straight and to the point.

Anything specific you don't like about it Ms. Lohan :D

I've heard this about the camera before but someone posted a couple of pictures in another thread and I find them to be decent for a phone camera.

7. sbhatt

sbhatt Active Member

From what I've seen and heard it is really complicated to make phone calls with the phone. I haven't really used one myself to make a call, but I'm assuming since I'm hearing it from a lot of people that's a major problem.

8. softhere

softhere New Member

I can't send MMS to my friends.

9. TheMilkyWay

TheMilkyWay Member

Overall very happy, but, I can't seem to find (and I am pretty good at this stuff) a way to program personalized ringtones per person. In other words, set whatever ringtone, including iPod songs or my own ringtones to caller ID. No problem with the Picture ID, just the ringtone ID I can't do except of course the ones that a pre-installed from the factory. Any help would be appreciated or confimation that it does not do it.
    Thanks

10. TheMilkyWay

TheMilkyWay Member

Reminder Beep for missed call and/or voicemail is lso apparently missing from this iPhone. If I miss a call, the only way I know about it is to LOOK at the phone to see that a call is missed. I really depended on hearing a "reminder beep" of a missed or voice mail call. Has anyone found that option or can recommend a very good 3rd party program that would enable that option? Thanks again!