What do you think of you iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by attagirl2, Jul 2, 2007.

1. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Now that the anticipated phones have come out, what do you think of the iPhone? I have not purchased it and would like to know what you like or do not like about your new phone and why?

2. Olly

Olly Member

I haven't purchased it either but I think it seems very awesome! A bit too expensive for me to spend that amount on a phone when I have one that works but I don't know how long I'll be able to resist :p

3. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

I haven't purchased it and I think it's a great concept for a phone. They have combined a lot into one item but I'm sure there is room for improvement. I have heard complaints about the camera, operating system among a few other things. It's only a few days now on the market so we'll see what the jury of consumers thinks in a few weeks.

4. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

I haven't purchased it, and I have no plans to do so. In my opinion, it is overpriced, and doesn't do a good job of being either a phone or an mp3 player.

A better option, for me, is to purchase a Palm Treo and a Creative Zen. Would probably be cheaper, and certainly more functional.

5. saul

saul New Member

i am considering returning it read my views

6. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

I also haven't purchased it yet. I think i'll wait for sometime before considering to buy it. It is quite expensive for now & i'm not in a hurry because i already own an ipod.

7. alkoller

alkoller Member

My daughter bought me an iPhone for my retirement on Saturday. We were very lucky; got the last two sold in our area. We had decided going over that we would watch the demonstrations carefully, ask lots of questions, have lunch, and go home to think about it and watch the blogs for a couple of weeks or so.

Well, that lasted about 20 minutes. Even though we had read everything available, watched the Apple movies, visited the AT&T site, gone to Think Secret to see the postings and thought we knew how it would work, seeing and TOUCHING is an entirely new experience. I tried EVERY ONE of the 16 icons and did setup on my home email (Google mail) in about one minute. I'm an experienced Blackberry user (three years, constant use) and can tell you that none of my Blackberry phones come anywhere near the functionality of the iPhone.

During our one-on-one personal demonstration (we had made an appointment, since it's an hour's drive for us) we were approached by a member of the sales staff and told there were two 8 gig phones in the store although the signs were up saying "No iPhones today". We bought them on the spot and were delighted to have that special opportunity. Since then, there's been no looking back.

We returned home, logged into our iTunes, and immediately activated our phones through AT&T. It took me about four minutes from start to finish, even reading the contracts (skimmed, since I had been with Cingular for 10 years in the past). My daughter's phone would not unlock, and she eventually called Apple support and was up and running in ten minutes. Mine unlocked immediately and I've been smiling ever since.

I won't take time here to describe all the features you see on the screens, but I will touch on three key points I worried about.

First, the network is supposed to be slow, and perhaps it is for some uses. So far for everything I have tried, including using Safari WHEN MY HOME INTERNET CONNECTION WENT DOWN the same night I bought the phone, the AT&T functionality has been much better than I thought and is not a problem anywhere I have been in our locale.

Second, the touch screen makes it easy to do things on the phone that are much more difficult on the computer, including email and contacts. LOOK OUT PCs everywhere -- this is a glimpse of what the future of computing is going to be, and much sooner than anyone believes.

Third, having all that capability right out of the box and knowing what is already going on in third party actions world-wide, I can hardly wait to see what will be added to the widgets and other areas for use by iPhone customers. Apple and AT&T have both hit home runs on this one, and I'd recommend it to anyone who can afford it. By the way, the monthly contract by AT&T is about $20 cheaper than similar costs for Blackberry, and there are no comparisons for things like Google maps (which also turn into satellite imagery in seconds if you want to see photos of you neighborhood from space!).

I only wish I were younger and could be around longer to see all the wonderful things this technology is going to spawn. What a great technology. If you haven't been to a store to see and touch one on your own, GO NOW. Even if you can't afford to buy one, get in on the developments and be a part of the great wave of change that will accompany this invention. Kudos to Steve Jobs, all the Apple associates, and the great folks at AT&T. And thanks, Terri, for making my first days of retirement ones I will remember forever.