The iPhone Camera is not bad it SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by ddrotts, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

Wow I cannot believe how bad the camera is, they should not even included it in the iPhone its a joke compared to the other features!

2. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Compared to 1.3 megapixels it's not the worst. Yea 10 would have been better but I already payed a lot as it is. The new camera tech should help if it can be included in the firmware update.

3. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

I guess they tries to pack so much into it they had to be cheap in certain areas. It's too bad you'd think they would want to go as high quality as possible on all the features.

4. Olly

Olly Member

That's not very good :( I thought the camera would be very good.

I haven't seen any pictures taken from the iPhone, has anyone got any pictures they have taken from their's? Thanks :)

5. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Well what do you expect. I cannot believe that people would even think that a company who is putting the most gadgets into a phone would have everything top quality. How much more do you want to pay for a phone.

6. drew888

Yeah I'd like to see some pics can anyone post some pics they took with their iphone. I would like to see the quality of them so I can compare with other camera phones.

7. alkoller

alkoller Member

Here are a few shots, but keep in mind I am not a professional photographer, so any issues are probably the user, not the system.

Also, keep in mind that these are about 30 times smaller in numbers of pixels than the actual photographs, so quality is pretty hard to judge.

These were not taken to show off the camera; they were just the first shots using a new camera on the iPhone. Experience will make it easier to take better shots, but from a camera these are good enough for me.

8. drew888

Those pictures aren't too bad. It's better than most camera phones but not quite what you want if you pay $500-$600 for i guess. But I'm sure you buy the iphone for all the other feature anyways.

9. alkoller

alkoller Member

iPhone camera issues and other complaints

I'm not sure what folks think they should get for $600 -- a 10 megapixel camera, a video recorder/playback unit, a stereo iPod with woofers and tweeters??? The iPhone has sixteen working functions built in and available at startup, and that's just the beginning. Now let's see -- at $600 for 16 functions, that would make it $37.50 each, right? What kind of digital camera can you buy for $37.50? How about a $37.50 email system; or a $37.50 web browser system; or a $37.50 cell phone that does SMS?

I hope you can see the message here; it's a real bargain, not because of any single feature: you can buy any one of them for less money and get better quality. But where can you buy ALL of them that work together in an integrated system that weighs less than half a pound and is small enough to carry in your pocket??? And not even one week has passed yet, so we haven't even begun to see the changes and improvements that will come about. Holy cow guys, what do you expect, for goodness sakes?

Someone even suggested it would be better to wait six months so some of the features could be better. Well, Microsoft does that all the time, and guess what -- there are STILL a ton of problems because NO ONE CAN DISCOVER all the problems in the lab. Sad but true; it takes real people who are willing to try new things to make progress. Waiting just delays all those trials and shifts the issue to some other area.

Just enjoy all the neat stuff this new iPhone provides. I guarantee it will only get better, but for now, it's great!

10. drew888

Personally I wouldn't really care about the camera on a phone. I think the other features on the iphone are the ones that really matter. The pictures you posted are perfectly fine for a camera phone.