iPhones iPlenty: the sell-out that wasn't

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Alex, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

A very interesting article:
    iPhones iPlenty: the sell-out that wasn't

2. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

Actually the exact same in Chicago, a buddy of mine but a iPhone Sat... afternoon! So either the sales are realllly down or they really made a lot of extras!

3. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Demand and supply, we were told a number but really there were more. How else could they be sold online and from 1.800.MY.APPLE? The glass? Come on?!? This was all to keep us strung along for the release. The pictures show glare from glass and not plastic.

4. VietXKosuke

VietXKosuke Active Member

Lol.

Well I would never sell my position in line if I was going to get something that big. ;)

Vx.

5. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have been in line in the first place but if I was I would definately sell my place in line for $600 and then come back when the line was gone and by the iphone for myself :D

6. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I too think that it is very likely that this happened. I know that several stores had the phones and whether or not the crowds were there that there would be people standing in line waiting for the right moment to sell, especially if they knew that there would be more phones available or even additional stores offering them that would not have the lines.

7. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

Some experts predicted the Apple iPhone sales will account for 2 million of a total of 20 million smartphones sold this year. So they believe 10% of all smartphones purchased will be iphones. I heard by yesterday 500,000 were sold so they are 1/4 of the way there within a few days. If the numbers are true.

8. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

Come on , Apple is not that stupid to run out of stocks so easily. They are doing business. And I think the lines in front of the stores was rather a show-off of the hype that often happens with Apple products.