Saving images in Safari?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by themeiphone, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themeiphone

themeiphone New Member

Do you guys know if there is a way to save images from a webpage in Safari on the iPhone? I cannot find a way to do it. :(

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

OH great, I did not even think about that. Ya people are going to want to save pics. Will it not let U “Right Click” on things?

3. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, there is no right click in Apple world.

4. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

Correcting: the latest mouse from Apple has right-click. And even though previous models only have a single button, there is always the option of ctl-click.

Now, in iPhone, there is (currently) no way of right clicking/ctl-clicking. Best thing is to save the page in your bookmarks, and sync with your computer (if you run Safari) so it shows up in both bookmark folders.

-a

5. MaxPower

"The Full Web" what allot of BS, can not even save the simplest files, or play videos on any sites that apple does not approve of. Seems to me U can only see the web not have ANY interaction with it at all, instead of Full web access they say U get U can only see some parts or some functions of the web but will NEVER be allow to interact with ANY of it. Its the glass window web, look but U will never be allowed to touch anything.

Might not sound like a big deal to those who’s biggest concern is what color it comes in, but if U would like to save images, view videos on myspace or any other place individuals are allowed to post vids then this “browser” will do nothing but make U wish U had a better product.

I am telling U guys, if U waste the money on some non exclusive or Ipay only web, U will feel REALLY stupid in a year when everyone else can do these things and your on the Dino IWeb

6. anomalight

So what product, available right now, is (in your opinion) better; especially when you say:
    A bit of a contradiction?

7. MaxPower

Right now NO product is better, but saying this will not last, and I would not want a 600$ “flash-in-the-pan” phone if its not going to play open source streaming videos over the web I will pay for the next phone that comes along in 8 mouths, and U and apple can have the Iweb I hope U like paying for Itune videos, cuzz that is what U will be doing on the Iweb.

I understand if they need to do a update to get the safari browser to work properly, and I can wait a bit but I would like to know they are going to allow open source access to a player or NOT. I really do understand but only allowing a few sites access to the player while pretending to give full web access is my issue. Are we going to get the WWW or the IWeb? If only the Iweb is all that is going to be available now and for the unknown future I for one will save my money for the next phone to come along.

I think its time to see what’s behind the curtain, because the Ozz is putting on one hell of a show but have to wonder how much is just smoke? We did wait until they stated selling it, I think at least some disclosure of what the can and will be allowed to do for the next 3 months would be nice.

These smile and wink stuff works really good on TV Ads, and on the News, but this is the WWW and if U want to sell stuff, or try to manipulate your delivery to the WWW we deserve to know about it. I am sure I am starting to sound like a nut, but lets think about this for a second. If U can not play any videos that are not controlled to some degree by them they can keep U from seeing lets say, music videos, or song with video backgrounds, your home or selected videos playing on your or other web pages. This starting to sound like they just care about selling Itune stuff, I could be wrong but they have cut off online messaging, now it sounds like they might want to cut-off or limit your video access to the web.

This is not a small thing, we can not have a cooperation controlling yet another aspect of the WWW. We need to say something about it now, before we lose this freedom before we even got it.

I suggest asking your Apple representative, ( Will apple allow open source videos in their MPEG4 format on their Iphone, or are they going to restrict access.) This is not a hard thing after all they do have a player and I think they have one that works right? This is a much bigger deal that just flash, this is the really big question no one is asking and they will not comment on

8. anomalight

MaxPower,
    You make valid points, but I feel you are drifting close to the "man is keeping us down" arguement. What Apple has done is set the bar higher, which can't be a bad thing. So you don't want to shell out 500 or 600 for a phone/iPod/web browser: more power to you. But apparently half a million people feel that a lot of these "issues" can be solved with software updates and are willing to have a little faith in the current leader of mobile technology.

As to what they "should" do, remember, apple is a company not a philanthropist.

This is all of day 4; give it time.

Sent on my iPhone,
    -a

9. MaxPower

I do hope your right, Bro I can see it going that way, and do applaud apple on the best cell phone ever made for the US market. Yet do not see why they did not just wait 6 months until the browser was all worked out, or at least streaming videos, and probably flash too yet I do think this is secondary but will be koo. The longer they take to add the basic applications the harder its going to be to create sites and services for iphone users.

U have a iphone, would sites created to work really well with your iphone not be koo too? More interactive sites, sites created for the new way U can see them and interact with them. The longer they take the harder its going to be to get some kind of Iphone net conversion going on, this is something they should have been thinking about. Not just the phone, the “buzz” around it will be gone in 3 months us net guys could have used that time to put Iphone service on the fast traffic, adding to their over all sales and control of the mobile cell industry

10. anomalight

my feeling as to why they didn't wait is because they had YouTube on it, which probably satisfies a lot of the demand (especially since people repost almost everything anyway). I think streaming media, in the big picture of how people use the web, is a minor issue.

I agree flash is a BIG miss, but I would think there was some research done to see if it would be a reason for people to not buy one.

In the grand scheme of things, the browser is one app in over a dozen. For me, I'm in my calendar and email more than browsing the web, but that's just how I use a smartphone.

Cheers,
    -a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.