Bullying in general

Discussion in 'Watercooler' started by VietXKosuke, Jun 29, 2007.

1. VietXKosuke

VietXKosuke Active Member

Well as this is my first post in the general discussion board I figure it better be a good one.
    Bullying plays a major part in school life for starters. There are always people there who think they're better then everyone else, though a rather common occurance everywhere, it's still pretty serious in school. You go there to learn, though I never learned shit from there but that's a different story. People get bullied over everything; how they look, what they wear, how they speak, if you can come up with something then I'm sure someone's been picked on over it in the past.

Teachers claim they prevent bullying, but get serious, teachers do shit all to stop it. They might break up a fight or two but that's just to keep up appearance. They figure that stopping the fight will stop the kids from hating one-another; but they miss the big picture. They might discipline the child, send him outside, send him to the principles office, whatever. Like getting a lecture ever did anything good to a kid with a bullying problem.

I know the teachers can't really do anything about bullying, I mean, It's inhumanly possible to keep an eye on all the kids 24/7. Though I do figure that if they position certain teachers around certain parts of the schools where these "bullies" hand out, then they could isolate the problem before it arises. If they can make it seem as if they're keeping a very close eye on the troublemakers then they might not be so inclined to pick on other people.

I was also curious how many people believe bullies are only the way they are because of what's happened at home? When I was 13; I was only about 4'5 and was picked on cuz I was short. I was always bullied over that. When I was 15 I was over 5'8 and one of the tallest people in my grade. Nobody even attempted to pick on me and I became one of the "popular" people. But! I don't get why they feel the need to pick on people younger, weaker or worse off then themselves. Is it because their parents show them no love? Is it because at home, they're parents are never there, is it because their parents bully them?

There are surely alot of theories already been expressed about the subject, though I don't really follow them. There has to be a deep, consious meaning to why they do it. I used to bully people around when I was 14 or so because I could; not because of something at home. I was bullied for so long I wanted to feel what it felt like, what motivated them to do it, you know? I never figured it out. It was an adrenaline rush, sure, I felt like I was the king of the world and everything but then afterwards I remembered what it felt like when they did it to me and well.. I stopped.

There's also bullying around the worlplace, bullying in the streets, online even. It's everywhere, you can't escape it. Does anyone even believe it's possible to nullify the problem and stop it; I see people getting bullied all the time, I try and break up as many as I can but it gets tedious and sometimes I don't give a shit. What I am, however, getting at, is; there has to be a way to stop global bullying. Imagine the effect it would have on everyone. All the 'nerdy' kids would stop getting their heads flushed, people wouldn't miss as many days off school, there'd be alot less dropouts, alot more successful individuals.

It's a big problem that has yet to be fixed. Does anyone think it ever will be?

Lol, sorry for the huge post and sorry if it didn't make much sense.

Though I might be wrong; but what's a discussion without everyone being wrong in some form?

Thanks for reading though,
    VietX.

2. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Bullying didn't really occur at my school, or i was always hanging out in the wrong place. I was never bullied, and neither was any of my friends.

Nice post though VietX. :)

3. VietXKosuke

VietXKosuke Active Member

Why thankyou.

The majority of people in schools don't get bullied, but there are always people who do, no matter what they say. Every school has a bluuy problem, so do alot of work places.

Vx.

4. Mei

Mei Active Member

many children are really bullies. i also experienced being bullied by my classmates when i was still in elementary. but then i just did not mind them.:d

5. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Bullying

I live in the community where the cancer of bullying became a major factor in the murders of people at Columbine High School. Your concern is not a trivial one; it deserves much more attention and remediation than it typically gets.

Yes, there were multiple other factors, but bullying was a key factor.

Please let me know if you need to connect with more helpful resources.

6. Mei

Mei Active Member

it seems like the bullying in your community is very different blue frog. are you talking about fraternities? i just don't really get why people can kill someone just because of brotherhood?

7. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Bullying

Mei, my community is most accurately described as unincorporated South Jefferson County in Colorado. The mail address for much of this area is called "Littleton" (for mailing purposes) even though none of Jefferson County is within the boundary of the adjacent town of Littleton, which is actually located in a separate county.

I live a bit northwest of the Columbine High School are; my mail address is also for a different town (we do not fall within the boundary of that town either.

Now, as to the intensity of bullying in my community: I suspect that we had a "perfect storm" of neglected long-simmering situations which were triggered by persistent bullying. It also appears that we had multiple warning signs that were persistently neglected. Unfortunately, the outcome was a historically evil eruption of (up to that point) unprecedented violence.

One of the sadder aspects to all of the deaths and destruction in our community is that whenever a similar event unfolds anywhere in the world, it is referred to as "another Columbine-like" situation. If you see or hear of noteworthy bullying in your schools and do nothing about it, you may be moving a little closer to the kind of horrific event we experienced--don't go there. Do what you can to defuse the situation and make it very uncool to bully for any reason.

8. iLiam

iLiam Active Member

Bullying is wrong but teacher dont really do anything about it, when they take all these anti bullying courses and they just like laugh at fights its pointless

9. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

i hate bullies
    people think they are above all and act as bullies and they force other children to commit horrible acts which leads to childrens confidence take a big dip.
    it also leads to depression among children so it should completely be abolished.