Unlocked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Alex, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

How long will it take "bad" guys to unlock the iPhone after the release date? What do you think?

2. jgrant

jgrant Active Member

Well, by not allowing third party software I am going to guess that Apple hopes to make it's unlock date be as late as possible, but the 360 was hacked the day it came out, so I would bet that the Iphone will take no more than a good month.

3. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

Not to sound cruel but i cant wait for the iphone to be unlocked. IT means no issues with package plans and all of that hassle will be gone for me at least.

4. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Personally I can't wait to see what the iPhone is capable of doing once it's fully explored.

5. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

The cost to to have a iPhone unlocked will cost you $100.00 plus shipping, I have bought a few phones in the past from China (VodaPhone), and I have already contacted him and he will unlock my iPhone as soon as I ship to him. If you want the info, just ask me.

6. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

What does it mean for a phone to be unlocked? Is it a way to get a different phone service provider? Is it a way to get third-party programs to work on the phone? Is it a way for people to copy the iPhone's technology. I have never heard the term before.

7. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

everyphone comes unlocked.. excpect if your Steve Jobs (iphone), unlocked means you can put any sim card it in (ie: Cingular, T-mobile, Kiwi, etc..), an unlocked phone is the only way to go! But the iphone, you are locked into the crappy service of AT&T. They ranked 2nd to last in dropped calls, which the New York Times did a study of the 20 largest cities in the USA, and they did very poorly!

8. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

But, I still love the iphone, and I will be one of the early adopters.. but I will not be giving up my N95 anytime soon!