Battery Life on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by ddrotts, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

Hi All

Is anyone as worried as me on the battery life on the iPhone, I have read the battery (which is freaking internal.. damn Jobs for that!!!), has only 600 cycle life (in case you dont know what cycle life is, its charging it...), I charge my current Nokia N95 an avg 15 times a week as I talk a lot due to my profession, so under this math... the phone battery will die in 1 year!

Do any of you know if the iphone will come with a external battery (like every other freaking phone in the world...) in ver 2???

tks in adv

Dane in Chicago

2. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

Im not sure about it coming with an external battery but hopefully they will somehow update and fix it so that the battery life will no longer be a huge issue.

3. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

Well i hope that they will take care of it in the next version.It should have a better battery life as it has ipod like features and so battery longevity is an important issue.

4. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

5. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I am sure that they will take care of any issues that arise with the next version that is released. Although that gives no piece of mind for those who already have a phone. I think you might be able to eventually upgrade the battery.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

It was engadget or something like that, got 29 hours from music playback.

So thats actually more than what Apple said it can do. What the hell, more than what they said it can do. Unlike those swines.

7. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

im not worried, apple's pretty good at replacing things when they aren't working right. just make sure you buy the extended warranty service. My phone was over heating, i think had to do with the battery but i got them to replace it. It all depends on the service guy you talk to. Just remember if one genius doesn't do it the other one might :)

8. Melinda2rs

Melinda2rs New Member

ive been linda worried about that too....i really would like 2 know too

9. Hawat

Hawat New Member

Hi all, One quick question. I got the iphone 8gb, and my battery does not last that much no even one day. I already lower the screen brightness but it still does not las even a day. I do not even listen to music on it. Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

:)

10. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

Hey Hawat,

How much do u use the internet a day? That tends to waste the battery pretty fast.