Apple Chat iPhone difficulties.

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Mondrianaire, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Mondrianaire

Mondrianaire New Member

So I spent about 4 hours on Apple Chat / 1-800-MY APPLE tonight trying to get information about the iPhone release. They even abandoned me at the end, which is a technical support no no. Its one of the commandments of technical support. Apparently, the iPhone is not going to be released at 6PM on local time but at 6PM PST no matter what. The problem is that im in EST and the stores would have closed by then. That makes no sense at all. Here is the most frustrating account of what happened tonight:
    Wow. I knew I had them thinking everytime they told me to wait.

2. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

I called 1.800.MY.APPLE today to see about the iPhone and what details I could get out of "Jason." A couple of intresting things turned out as a result of this call. I wanted to ask about the 6:00pm release time. Was it PST or was it per local time zone. "Jason" says it's EST time. Since I live in the Central time zone I should be able to get an iPhone at 5:00 pm right? "CORRECT" says "Jason."
    Next, I have been hearing reports that contradict Apple saying that we can get the iPhone online which I was told by "Jason" at 1.800.MY.APPLE that was not true. He did tell me that I could call the 1.800.MY.APPLE phone number and place an order for the iPhone.
    The rest of the call was rather short but I hope this helps in anybody's future purchase.

3. Mondrianaire

Mondrianaire New Member

That completely contradicts what I heard as shown above, this is weird.