Taking care of the inside

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by attagirl2, Jun 22, 2007.

1. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

How can a person take care of the insides of the phone? Things such as hardware. I know there is a lot of focus on taking care of the outside of the phone and never enough about inside.

2. jgrant

jgrant Active Member

The simple answer: You don't. I just leave the inside of my phone to do it's wonders, and if it breaks I just take it back to the store ;)

Your job is to just keep it clean and away from dust/extreme heat/water.

3. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

Most inside of machines cant really be taken care of you. you just have to protect the outside and hope that the inside follows.

4. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

I agree with what everyone else has said. If you get a good sealed iPhone nothing should get in, which means it should work fine and stay clean.

5. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

Yes, it's always best to leave the insides of phones and other stuff alone. Same way with my laptop, I keep those screws firmly screwed in. :p

I once looked at the instructions for changing the batteries in an ipod, it looked like such a pain that I will just send it back to Apple and get them to do it if I ever have to replace it.

6. maxpayne_20000

maxpayne_20000 Active Member

I think that's the best way to do it. If you are not proffessional, rather not mess with it. These days the hardwares are quite good and do not create problems that much if you use the gazette carefully.

7. Hazel

Hazel Well-Known Member

Exactly. The old motto "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies very well in such cases. Most pieces of technology are designed not to be fiddled with, for good reason. I don't touch the hardware side of things unless I know exactly what i'm doing.

8. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Sounds great thanks for all the good advice. Was just curious if there were actually people that do things with their phone that are out of the ordinary. I read somewhere that some people take them apart to make sure they are not overheating and getting dust in them.