Limit on number of phones

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by attagirl2, Jun 22, 2007.

1. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Are they putting a limit on the number of phone that one person can buy? I was wondering because they do this with many other things that come out on the market and I was wondering if it was happening with IPhone as well.

2. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

I think they will be, they obviously want as many phones as they can to get into the hands of consumers.

3. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I understand that entirely, I wondered because most good things only come out with a few to begin with and then work their way in with more and more units available.

4. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

Most likely they will be distributed to other retailers once the hype dies down. Apple obviously wants the most bang for their buck before the hype does down.

5. jgrant

jgrant Active Member

They will probably limit it, but not to much, considering that one way or another they gain the money.

I don't get why anyone would want to buy a whole lot, because it is gonna be a pretty penny to get just one of em...

6. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

How much can they limit it, though? When you buy one are they going to make you buy service? Are they going to make you give personal information? How do they know if you just go to a different store and buy another one?

Can we get an iPhone without a social security number? Many people don't have a social security number.

7. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

The limit is to the service, if you want to lock into a 2 year contract then you can get 2 phones. SS#, yes, you can get any phone in any store without a SS#, but you have to have proof (ID) and you will probable have to put a deposit.

8. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

At the $499 and $599 prices I don't think they are going to limit people from buying mulitple iphones. I don't think there is going to be a huge rush to buy them right away and I'm sure they'll let you buy as many as you want. Then again how many do you need?

9. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

I've heard that you are limited to buying 2 phones, which is a good idea so other people can get some too. ;) Still, why do you need more than 2 other than giving one to somebody as a present. :p

10. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

I'll wait until I hear the reviews from everyone before I put my money in Apple's hands. I may just be able to save a couple hundred and be able to by more apples from the fruit stand.