Query

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by SniperMonkey, Aug 24, 2009.

1. SniperMonkey

SniperMonkey New Member

Hi all.

I am from the UK and am travelling to the US next week for a few weeks and I would looooove to use my iphone over there. I can use my iphone but it costs like, a billion pounds to use my wi-fi etc.

I'm assuming I will connect to AT&T/T-Mobile when I get over there.

Is there anything I can do, seeing as I am connected to that network, to avoid such mammoth charges and still use my wi-fi, gps, e-mail etc on my iphone?

Thanks
    Stuart

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

yes, u can jailbreak/unlock ur iphone and use any sim card from the US and start using it

3. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Right. Jailbreaking is the only solution for your problem. If you do so you can then use it under any GSM carrier. Whether US or UK it does not matter then.

4. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

Wi-Fi doesn't cost anything to use if you have a connection, and Jailbreaking will do nothing for you... It doesn't unlock your phone in any way. If all you want is to surf the internet, put it into airplane mode and turn on wi-fi, you could use skype too to call people if you have it.

Also, Shiny... Go away, let him ask here if he wants to. He might not know even what to begin searching for, whether he needs to unlock it or jailbreak it or whatever...