3GS internet loading time

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jonnytabpni, Aug 22, 2009.

1. jonnytabpni

jonnytabpni New Member

Hi folks,

You know the way that when you visit a new site, the loading bar "hangs" for a few seconds (which I believe is the HSDPA switching time) before flying on to load the page?

Well it seems that my iphone 3GS takes a longer time to "switch to HSDPA" than my friend's iPhone 3G. After this switching time, the page loads nice and snappy (hense my speedtest results are good). I would say my iphone takes about 3 or 4 seconds longer to switch...

Do you think I'm just being fussy or do you think there is something wrong with my iphone?

Thanks

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Might Be A Carrier Problem

The problem may not be your phone at all.

It may be caused by your wireless carrier simply not having enough of the right equipment to handle the demand for services in your area.

3. jonnytabpni

jonnytabpni New Member

Hi blue frog.

I was trying to tell myself that as well however iv tried this at to different cell sites even going as far as standing under the transmitter at one of the sites!

Iv booked in a trip to the genius bar but I think they are going to tell me that it is the carrier....

4. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Yes it may be the problem of your wireless network. May be that can not provide you the desired speed. There is no such problem in 3GS hardware. I would like to ask are you both you & and your friend using the same carrier?