The biggest problem with iPhone? Timing.

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by missywins, Jun 20, 2007.

1. missywins

missywins Member

I just called my wireless carrier and found out that I have another year left on my contract. I can teminate early to switch to AT&T but it's a few hundred dollars and I'm really starting to question if I should do it. I wonder how many other people are in my situation. People who would love to buy the iPhone but just can't justify throwing away money due to early cancelation fees. And my fear is that the initial sales may be slower because of that fact and then the media is going to dub the whole thing a failure when it isn't Apple's fault.

Maybe AT&T should give a discount or rebate to those of us who are going to suffer a termination fee because we want the iPhone.

2. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I guess for you the timing is wrong, but for many others who have the money to cancel contracts it is not a big deal. I think that it will give you more time to see how they are and a lot of things could happen in that year.

3. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

Yes, Its really not a big deal at all. :D

Just relax and see what happens like attagirl said. :p

~Sheen91

4. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

It is a shame that you have to cancel to switch to the iPhone. I was wondering if we need a social security number, because to get these contracts you usually do. Can someone get the iPhone if they don't have a social security number? Anyway, maybe you could trade your contract privately.

5. follower08

follower08 New Member

Yes you do have to provide your social security number. It's in the video on activation and sync on the Apple website.

6. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

They really lock us in with those dreaded plans!

Waiting a year might be better off in the long run. Maybe a new and better gadget phone will hit the market and while everyone has their iphones you'll have the Sphone (S stands for Super).

All kidding aside, a year will go by fast enough and you'll be able to hear all the reviews, good or bad.

7. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Switching is going to suck REAL BAD! Does anybody know when the second shipment will be sent?

8. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

If your contract is up, its pretty easy, AT&T will have a form for you to fill out at the store to move your number from (ie T-mobile) to AT&T

9. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

I guess Apple should have thought about this before making it, since lots of people are on a contract which ruins most potential customers. They also should have fixed up contracts with providers in other countries as well, as i know a lot of people who are interested in getting the iPhone at the moment.