You Tube encoding vids to work on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by missywins, Jun 20, 2007.

1. missywins

missywins Member

I know, big surprise. But it's offical. While it sounds pretty cool on the surface I really wonder how important You Tube is to have at your fingertips. Sure, it's fun to watch the videos while you're at work... I mean home... and goofing off but I would much rather have premium content like from the major networks then .

2. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

Thats true Major Networks like Sport channels and Fasion channel would be great. :)

However Youtube is still fun and enjoyable:p

~Sheen91

3. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

I am glad it has YouTube, but there is a lot that it will not have. For example, it will not be able to play Flash videos at all. That is a shame because there are so many websites that utilize Flash on the internet. I hope the YouTube videos display well on the screen.

4. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

For me personally I don't think I'd be watching too many YouTube videos on the iphone unless it's a video that someone sends me of themself. Even then I would probably wait until I got home to watch it online. I just wonder how fast video kills the battery and would I want to drain the battery just to watch a video on a phone. I can wait until I'm on the computer with a large screen to watch YouTube videos.