iPhone battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Alex, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Source: KESQ.com Palm Springs, Coachella Valley - Weather, News, Sports: Apple says iPhone battery better than originally expected

2. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

Eight Hours of talk time is still fairly low compared to other phones and with people using the iphone as a phone and mp3 player it will be hard having to charge it everyday.

3. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

Perhaps iPhone users can get accessories to charge their phones in their cars, at work, and such. With only eight hours of talk time, they will need to do that. At least the iPhone will have more talk time than originally thought, but it would be nice if it could have even more.

4. missywins

missywins Member

I'm sure that third party battery extenders will be out close to launch. Not to mention all the charging accessories. Remember how bad the battery on the first gen iPod was compared to the one today?

5. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

Yes the talk time could be a little higher than 8 hours. :)

But i dont think it will be a hassle to charge.:p

I would be enjoying it;)

~Sheen91

6. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I cannot believe that people are saying that 8 talk hours is not enough. You are all crazy, no one talks that long in a day or at least very few and if you cannot talk while charging then you need to stop talking or something. I think that 8 hours of talk time is great.

7. jgrant

jgrant Active Member

I agree with attagirl. 8 Hours is a lot. When you are about to fall asleep you just plug it in, and let it charge for a night ;)
    If you talk 8 hours a day I would hate to see your bill... I never talk over 2 1/2 hours a day.

8. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

But the point should not be the talk time, I really doubt though the talk time will be 8 hours, I expect more like 6 if you lucky! The problem is the battery is internal, so you only have 600 cycles per (that is what Apple says), which is not a lot. I hope in ver 2, the iPhone will come with an external battery.

9. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

Most people wont ONLY be talking. They will also be using the phone to view pictures and listen to music which will surely eat up battery power.

10. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

That is my point! Using the phones cooool features, plus talking will drain the battery, for sure you will have to cycle it (recharge it) at least 10 times a week, Apple is saying the internal battery will last about 600 cycles..... Once the battery goes bad, you can not change it...