Best iPhone Charger and Case- Go GREEN!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPhonegosu, Aug 11, 2009.

1. iPhonegosu

iPhonegosu New Member

Ok, so I know most of you probably think that solar powered chargers are a joke, but I recently bought this one off amazon that works great. If you are like me, and like to do the "enviornmentally" conscious thing, its perfect. It also fully charges in under 3 hours from just sunlight, and its completely solar powered. I never even have to use my other charger anymore.

Anyways, I posted my review in a blog, so check it out and leave a comment please. This is by far the best accessory ive bought for my iPhone

iPhone: Efficient Solar Powered iPhone Case

2. mark54000

mark54000 Member

from where you bought it.

3. martincooper91

martincooper91 Member

This black colored leather case comes with a built-in solar power cell on the front cover. If your iPhone runs out of battery power, all you need to do is to place this case, with iPhone plugged in, under the sun. With this, there are multiple ways to recharge the iPhone. It can be recharged directly with solar power or recharged with the built-in battery inside the case. Lastly, it is also possible to recharge with the old-goody USB power.

According to the manufacturer, the iPhone can be fully recharged in 3 hours if using the built-in battery. Whereas, it will take approximately 12 hours to recharge the iPhone with solar power.

The “Solar Powered Leather Case for iPhone 2G/3G” is sold at $48 and it comes with two options, flip-top or slide-open. The case adds about 85 grams to the telephone’s overall weight.

Features:

* Lithiumion polymer Battery capacity: 3.7V 1500mAh
    * Output voltage: 5V (max)
    * output current: 600ma (max) + solar battery 100 (max)
    * Charge voltage: solar battery 6V USB/DC 5V
    * Charge current: 100ma (max) + 500ma (max)
    * Charging ime: less than 3hours
    * Peak power supplied by photocell: 0.61W
    * Size: 125mm x 64mm x 25mm
    * Weight: 100g

Recharge iPhone

by built-in rechargeable battery in Solar Case
    1. Insert iPhone into Solar case
    2. Turn Power ON, iPhone will be fully charged within 3 hours

by Solar power
    1. Insert iPhone into the Solar case
    2. Turn the Power ON
    3. Place Solar Case under sunlight.

Recharge Solar Case Built-in Battery
    by USB Power
    1. Connect USB to the Solar case
    2. Four power indicators indicate percentage of power charged

by Solar Power
    1. Turn Power OFF without removing iPhone from the case.
    2. PlaceSolar Case under sunlight.
    3. Built-in battery will be fully charged within 12 hours.

After iPhone is fully charge, turn the Power OFF.
    Press the power button, four power indicators indicate percentage of power charged. (A = 25%electricity, A+B = 50%electricity, A+B+C = 75%electriciy, A+B+C+D full light = 100% of electricity)

4. billrobert

billrobert Member

yes iam using it its working better then solar charger

5. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

I have bought it about a week ago.It was working nice but last day I found that the charger is taking a little longer to fully charged up.Is there anything wrong with my charger?Can anyone help?

6. faidz

faidz Member

i also got the same problem.. is it safe for my iphone?

7. EdamameBoy

EdamameBoy Member

I'm considering buying it, You think it was worth buying? Does it have to be out in the sun or is indoor lighting enough? Thanks in advance

8. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

I think it was worth of buying. Because wherever I go it gives me full support during day. It is not necessary to bring it out in the sun. Just make sure it gets enough sunlight to be charged.

9. naazlee

naazlee Well-Known Member

Well i am really impresses with such good quality discussions are taking place to protect our world. I think the greener approach is one of the most the best ways to handle any situation. Now one can imagine all phones are charged with sunlight..

10. naazlee

naazlee Well-Known Member

I think the whole concept is really nice and environment friendly.The pupose of the phone being charged and most importantly its safe even from the young ones at home's point of you.