Tell us how you are using your iphone with no data plan!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by eweezy, Aug 11, 2009.

1. eweezy

eweezy New Member

There are many threads with no definite answers.

1. Please only post if YOU have DONE this and are using a phone with no data plan.

2. How does one do it?

3. Does it work on all versions of the Iphone?

***FYI***
    My father in law in using his Iphone that was given to him as a hand me down and just simply replaced his SIM card. He has never changed plans. He has never gotten warnings or text messages from ATT. His payment has been the same the whole time.

2. Darndt89

Darndt89 New Member

No data plan

I have heard many people who use the iPhone with no data plan because they sometimes buy it from a friend or get it from someone getting rid of it. I asked someone who works at AT&T about using no data plan or just the regular media net plan and he said yeah you can. But the bad... Apple can track your iPhone and find out that you are not using the actually data plan. He said you can possibly get a bill from apple up to 2000$! I wouldn't try it. Just pay the 30$/mo.

3. keithfer15

keithfer15 New Member

i just brought my iPhone last week from some online store and its doing great, really cool
    i currently don't have any problem with my data plan as well so very happy

4. James Bond

James Bond Member

I have wireless internet at home.
    I set my iphone to the 2g network so I am not going on the net. The I turn on wifi and connect to my home internet.

You can also use the wifi in a lot of cafe's these days and use their internet