New here

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by jeemsejunaid, Aug 2, 2009.

1. jeemsejunaid

jeemsejunaid New Member

Hi guys...
    I am new here and yes y i created this new topic is that my case can be a bit different.
    I bought my iphone in Australia and then I recently moved to Pakistan. Now i got my iphone unlocked as I wanted to use it here as well. It is working fine as far as recieving calls and sms etc.
    Now I dont have wifi or internet here, keeping these things in mind, I want to ask few questions.

1. I want to transfer themes on to iPhone, now I dono if it is jailbroken or no but I want themes...

2. I want to load pdf's and other excel word documents on to my iPhone, how do I do that?

3. I want a software which will allow me to block unwanted calls.

4. I want a software with which i can forward my sms, receive mms as at the moment I cannot do that.

5. I have a problem and that is that when I receive a call iPhone is not picking up name from the contact list, it only shows the number, so it is hard to recognize who is calling...

6. how can i transfer any photo to another mobile through Bluetooth? or receive? and also that I can connect my Bluetooth head set to iPhone but am unable to search other handsets(Mobile), how to solve this?

7. Last thing is that, I have downloaded many free softwares from iTunes store, what I have noticed is that, when I transfer all these app's to iPhone. After the sync is complete, I find that many of the softwares are not copied on to iPhone.

Now guys I am a student I don't have credit card so I cant buy all these softwares online, so please tell me any free one's available.

I am really looking forward for the help from you guys. So please it would be great if you guys can help me with the problems I am facing...

Thanks & Regards
    Junaid.

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

please find the answers to ur questions:

1. if ur iPhone is Jailbroken. u shud have cydia installed on ur iphone. thru cydia u can install winterboard and other themes along with it

2. to view pdf's and excel files u need to SSH on to ur iphone if u have a wireless network and transfer the files on to the iphone

3. to block incoming calls u can use mcleaner or iblacklist. add the source www.clubifone.org/repo in cydia and u will get all these cracked applications

4. to forward sms's again the clubifone repo u can install irealsms

5. have u syncd ur iphone to itunes eo ensure all ur contacts are copied onto the iphone??

6. again thru clubifone, u can install iBluetooth application which will help u send receive any file. with ibluetooth u can send/receive to any mobile phone

7. for apps to sync u need to ensure that sync it properly in itunes to ensure all the apps are available.

for all the above steps u need to ensure that CYDIA is installed. if its not installed u need to restore and jailbreak/unlock ur iphone.

hope this helps

3. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Excellent reply from optimusprime. My hats off to you dude. I learnt something new from here. Complete solutions of the problem mentioned by jeemsejunaid.

4. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

my pleasure gary :)