iPhone only does when sim is in

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by soyer666, Jul 30, 2009.

1. soyer666

soyer666 New Member

ive been having wierd battery issues with my iphone where it will randomly shut off and say the battery is dead when it shouldnt be. i was almost ready to send it in to replace the battery, so i put my sim in an old phone and when i started using my iphone one night for apps the battery lasted as long as it did before it started sucking..

so i put my sim back in hoping it was all ok and sure enough the battery was dead in minutes..

please give any advice.. i went on the apple support forum and noone would respond. this cant be the first time this has ever happend.

thank you!!

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

is ur iphone jailbreaked/unlocked....if yes....try to restore and jailbreak/unlock using the new/current sim inside it...and start using.....
    hope that helps

3. soyer666

soyer666 New Member

its been doing it since before the 3.0 update soo i restored and re jailbroke and everything with the new software and it still did it. i was hoping for the same thing, that it would maybe clear up the issue. but it did not :(

4. optimusprime

hmm.....i really cant figure out why a simcard would affect a battery of the iphone so much....is the sim card damaged physically in some way....have u tried getting a different sim card of the same number?? just a thought...not sure if it will work

5. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Since your iPhone is jailbroke have tried putting any different SIM in it? I don’t think any sort of SIM like to cause this problem. Perhaps the holder where you put the SIM in might be damaged and It could cause short circuit.

6. optimusprime

Hey Gary,

when he puts the old sim card in it...it works normally....do u really think it could be a sim holder issue...hmm...quite weird the issue this guy is facing