NPEBEA STEVE JOBS Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by patelr2010, Jul 28, 2009.

1. patelr2010

patelr2010 Member

so my itouch 1st gen is stuck with some guy holding his hands in the air and smiling :( I put the ipod touch in DFU mode and itunes detected it and says waiting for ipod...soon after that i get an error 1602. was wondering if anyone ran in to the same situation i am in and have been able to fix it or not. Please help my itouch is not recognized by itunes and it wont get out of recovery mode...so i dont know what to do.

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

the software and device drivers are corrupt. Completely remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes 8.1 or later. Follow the steps below for Windows XP:

Removing iTunes

Quit iTunes.
    On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
    In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs.
    Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs, then click Remove.
    When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, select Yes.
    After the uninstallation is complete, do not restart if you are prompted to.
    If other entries were present for iTunes remove those as well.
    In Add or Remove Programs, remove any iPod Updater applications that are listed in the same fashion as iTunes was removed.
    Restart your computer.
    After the computer restarts, open Local Disk (C:) in Computer or whichever disk programs are installed on.
    Open the Program Files folder.
    Right-click the iTunes folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Note: This folder may have already been deleted if iTunes was successfully removed in steps 1-7.
    Right-click the iPod folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Click Continue if Windows needs confirmation or permission to continue.
    Right-click on the Recycle Bin and on the shortcut menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.
    Restart your computer.

then:

Removing QuickTime
    Quit QuickTime Player.
    From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
    Select QuickTime from the list of currently installed programs, then click Uninstall.
    When asked if you would like to remove QuickTime, select Yes.
    If other entries were present for QuickTime remove those as well.
    Restart your computer.
    After the computer restarts, open Local Disk (C:) in Computer or whichever disk programs are installed on.
    Right-click the QuickTime folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Note: This folder may have already been deleted if QuickTime was successfully removed in steps 1-7.
    Delete the QuickTime and QuicktimeVR files located in the C:\Windows\system32\ folder. Click Continue if Windows needs confirmation or permission to continue.
    Right-click on the Recycle Bin and on the shortcut menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.
    Restart your computer.

then:

Removing Apple Software Update
    Quit Apple Software Update.
    Select Apple Software Update from the list of currently installed programs, then click Uninstall.
    When asked if you would like to remove Apple Software Update, select Yes.
    If other entries were present for Apple Software Update remove those as well.
    Restart your computer.

then:

Removing Apple Mobile Device Support

Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs, then click Uninstall.
    When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, select Yes.
    If other entries were present for iTunes remove those as well.
    In Add or Remove Programs, remove Apple Mobile Device Support in the same fashion as iTunes was removed.1
    Restart your computer.
    Right-click the iTunes folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Note: This folder may have already been deleted if iTunes was successfully removed in steps 1-7.
    Restart your computer.
    ONCE ALL OF THEM ARE INSTALLED, DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION of the software from Apple and then should help you out.

alternatively, you can try entering the dfu mode in another computer and that should definitely work out for you.

hope this helps

3. patelr2010

patelr2010 Member

i tried this on two different computers and it still didnt work. i tried one on my desktop and like 10 times on my sisters laptop. i uninstalled and reinstalled itunes on the laptop and on my desktop my computer freezes when my touch goes into dfu mode.

4. patelr2010

patelr2010 Member

5. optimusprime

ok...

1. which firmware was ur ipod touch running when u tried to restore?
    2. which firmware are u trying to restore your ipod touch to?are you downgrading by any chance?
    3. also do ensure that the fw that u have is for the ipod touch itself? iphone fw wud not work for ipod touch !!!!
    4. can u post a pic of your iphone screen when it gets stuck?
    5. r u getting stuck on the screen which has the itunes logo with the cable?
    6. which method are u using to restore ur ipod touch? is it winpwn,quickpwn etc

kindly confirm

6. patelr2010

patelr2010 Member

firmware was 2.2 jb with quickpwn the fw was for the itouch 1st gen this happened when i no longer wanted the itouch jailbroken i tried to restore the ipod back to 2.0 factory and then steve jobs came up here are some pics

i thought i could restore from jailbroken on itunes by shift clicking the restore button and selecting an ipsw i didnt know that you have to use quickpwn or other software thats used to jb it.

7. patelr2010

patelr2010 Member

ok i figured it out basically i had to reset my ipod touch by holding the home button and the power button for 15 seconds and then just holding the power button for 2 seconds it loaded my ipod up normally, now i just want to go back to factory settings.

8. patelr2010

patelr2010 Member

okay so i hooked up my ipod to itunes and the ipod charges for about two minutes and then the battery icon changes into a plugged in sign instead of the lightning bolt. so its not charging on my computer any more but when i put it on my dock it charges to full. why does it do that?

9. optimusprime

i'm assuming that ur ipod has been restored. have u tried using another usb port on ur computer to charge it

10. patelr2010

patelr2010 Member

no i got the error 1602 again and it went back to npebea steve and now it wont reload the ipod :( i dont know what to do. if i can get it to reload is there any way i can restore using quickpwn to factory?