Is Cingular okay?

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by ScottHughes, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

Who here has used Cingular's service before? Are they good? Are they reliable?

Do we have any options when it comes to phone service? Or, are we forced to go with Cingular?

I don't think it's good to not have more than one service company, because then there is no competition to keep prices low and service good.

2. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

Thats the way business go. My cousins uses cingular and they are fine i guess. But as for the iphone, they are currently only tied to one company, which slips my mind right now.

3. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

I have used it for 5 years, it has gotten a little better, but the crap they say... fewest dropped calls is a big fat lie! In an independent study, in the largest 20 cities in the USA, Cingular came in 2nd to last in dropped calls, yep it ranked 19 worst. I was getting ready to drop them about 9 months ago, but was sucked back in when I heard the iPhone was coming out. To be honest, I think they are terrible in Chicago!!!

4. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

Cingulars pretty good here in the Bay Area (northern California).

5. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Cingular i understand is lot small company than the giant AT&T. Cingular does not have good service also, they are emerging company for a long time, my friends use it but they too like AT&T more.

6. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

I agree with descorpio, the services oif cingular are not good, my aunt has used it and has given very bad reviews. They'll charge you with Roaming, Internet Storage, Night and Weekend minutes. You will find much better options in the market.

7. xiflada

xiflada Member

I didn't have a good experience with this company. Maybe now that AT&T bought it back it might be better but customer service was terrible and not too mention their plans are rather expensive.