How easily does the iPhone break?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by ScottHughes, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how durable the Apple iPhone is? Does it break easily?

Will it still work fine if you drop it or if it slips out of your pocket? How will it stand up in a bag or purse with other stuff?

It seems valuable so I hope it isn't too fragile.

2. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

The iphone i held at a convention seemed to be pretty sturdy. I assume that it will be equal if not greater to the ipod in its resiliency.

3. BM-Mark

BM-Mark Member

I would have to say, very great durability. When I purchased my iPod I wondered the exact same thing, and from the day I got it to now, I think I dropped it a 100 times :p

4. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

I dropped and washed my ipod and it still works. If that isnt great durability then i have no idea what is.

5. missywins

missywins Member

All my Apple products, including my Mac Book, have all been amazingly reliable. I'm a klutz and the fact that my ipod and mac book are all scratch free and in working condition is a good sign.

6. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I think like most other phones, the more you drop it the more likely it is to break. I think that when you have phones that are made crappy they break easily, this phone seems to be pretty sturdy.

7. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

Hopefully it doesnt break to easily, as i am a klutz who tends to drop things.

8. drew888

drew888 Well-Known Member

I don't see them making a phone that is going to get damaged very easily. These types of items go through rigorous testing including drop tests. Of course we'll hear about any problems once it gets into the hands of the people and they start dropping them by accident.

9. ddrotts

ddrotts Active Member

My only concern is the glass, instead of plastic screen.

10. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

When i first got my 1st generation iPod nano, i was very worried that if i dropped it once it would shatter since it was so small. I have now dropped it on concrete more than once and it only has a very minor chip in it yet it still belts out tunes like when i first got it.

I wouldn't worry about the iPhone, it should be fine. But still, the screen could be an issue.