Bluetooth just says searching

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jimmybond, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jimmybond

jimmybond Member

The iphone momentarily flashed up the headset that I am trying to connect too but then quickly disappears back to searching.

What am I doing wrong please?

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

which model iphone r u using and firmware version?
    which headset r u using?
    is ur iphone jailbroken and unlocked?
    has it ever connected to the headset before

3. jimmybond

jimmybond Member

Thanks for responding. The headset is a Jaybird and according to their site its a perfect match. The phone is jailbreaked and unlocked and no, it has never connected before.

Do I need to restore the phone, connect, then jailbreak and unlock?

4. jimmybond

jimmybond Member

I didnt answer your question properly.

3GS with 3.0 OS.

5. optimusprime

3GS....congrats dude....ok...jailbreak is fine...i just wanted to check if u unlocked with ultrasno 0.9 version...coz it seems there were some wifi,bluetooth connectivity issues with ultrsnow 0.8 version....also make sure while you jailbroke the iphone u ALWAYS SETUP THE iphone as "new"..if u havent done it...suggest u do a clean install once again...and it shud def work....
    lemme know how it goes

6. jimmybond

jimmybond Member

wierd! I was just thinking about :)

I restored my phone 'cos I wanted to see if it worked then - it didnt. Have literally just jail breaked and am installing cydia. What should I do differentlt after Cydia is installed? Still add ultrasn0w.com

Also, how do I set up as new and a what stage?

Thanks!

7. jimmybond

jimmybond Member

Reading your email it looks like I sould set up as new before I add the repo command. I jailbreaked with PurpleraIn. What should I do then?

8. optimusprime

once you jailbreak the iphone, you connect you iphone to the laptop. itunes will detect it and the screen u shud get is....2 options...setup as a new iphone and restore from back.
    select the 1st option...and sync your iphone.
    also it would be worth testing some other bluetooth headset if possible and see if it detects that or not

9. jimmybond

jimmybond Member

Ok - a little progress. Restored, jailbreaked, new phone set up. It now recognises 'headset' then 'Jaybird' (my headset) but then just stays like that saying 'not paired'. The wheel is spinning though.

10. optimusprime

thts odd, if u r able to identify jaybird why not be able to pair it....try resetting network conecctions first and try searching again...does your jaybird have a default password tht needs to be inputted. is there any other bluetooth device in living room which the jaybird maybe pairing to. i had a friend who was trying to pair his bluetooth headset to his iphone but for some reason unable to pair it....later he realised tht his bluetooth headset was getting paired to his laptop automatically when he switched on. once he disabled blueetooth on his laptop he was able to pair it with his iphone.