iPhone 4Gb

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by just4funuk, Jul 19, 2009.

1. just4funuk

just4funuk New Member

A friend has offered me a iphone 4GB and as I have an ipod Touch an iphone does appeal to me but I would like a little advice.

The iphone is from the USA as the iphone 4GB was not available in the UK. I would like to use the apps/games I have purchased from the apple store on my ipod touch on it. But I think it may be running a earlier version of the OS. So what are my options?

The iphone 4GB is I suspect unlocked to any network and I will need this so I can use it. But I would also like to know would it be possible to take it up to say 2.2.1 with out loosing the any carrier feature. This way it would be running the same firmware version as my ipod touch so all my paid for apps will work on it. I just don't want to end up with a 4GB paper weight so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

since you would be using the same itunes account for your iphone as well...i believe(havnt tried it)...you shud be able to get all the iphone games to your iphone....theoretically u need not pay again...all you need to do is....update the iphone to 3.0 and jailbreak and unlock it.....and start enjoying

3. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Me also believe you would not face any problem to use itunes in 4GB. If it still does not work try doing jailbreaking and newly install all. Hope it will come to a useful way.