Iphone 3gs Fake help

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by unatiq, Jul 16, 2009.

1. unatiq

unatiq New Member

i am about 2 purchase a iphone 3g s 32 gb from a friend of a friend and need some help. i have been hearing a lot about possible fakes and was wondering if u guys could help me a lil. MY MAIN QUESTION IS ON THE BACK OF THE 3G "S" DOES IT SAY 3G "S", i dont wanna buy a phone that is a 3g but the person selling says its a 3gs.

anything else would be super regarding differences in the 3g and 3gs that i should look at. thanks.

PS he has the box but i dont wanna go by that cuz its the box.

2. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

Hey buddy...i can understand how painful it can be if it turns out to be fake.
    the best way to find out if it is a genuine iPhone 3GS and not 3g is....by using one of its features which the 3g does not have.....use the VOICE CONTROL feature....press and hold the home button on your iphone 3gs and the voice control will activate...and start giving some commands...if its there...that means its a genuine iPhone 3gs....
    do let me know if it works
    PS...Voice control feature is not available on the iPhone 3g...even after the OS3.0 update

3. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

suggest you dont remove it urself, take professional help if required...or else...check youtube...there are many videos up there on how to remove it.
    BE WARNED...IT IS VERY RISKY UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT U R DOING

4. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Thank you optimusprime for your wise reply here. I was also confused to buy a second hand iphone 3G. I followed the way described and found it original. Really I am so greatful to you.