Iphone 3G Charging at the wall But Won't Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by schurmas, Jul 13, 2009.

1. schurmas

schurmas New Member

I'm not sure where the problem lies with this symptom.
    The phone took a fairly hard knock the other day, but if it's damaged, the only thing to be disrupted is ability to talk to the computer (mac) everything else is fine. The cable and USB port are both fine as my partner plugs her Iphone into and it and hers Syncs fine.

I have have possibly/probably also voided the warrant because I pulled the screen off to have a look if any was obvious. No hardware was obviously disrupted.

Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Chris

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Also Had Problem Synching With 2G 16GB

My iPhone is a 2G 16GB and my specific problem was that it told me I needed to RESTORE. But when I went to do so, (placing the iPhone into my dock and waiting for it to be recognized while connected to iTunes) it told me that my Sim chip needed to be taken out and reseated. I was not able to do so, so I went to my Genius Bar at my local Apple Retail Store.

The Genius got the same results. He started the process to get me a replacement iPhone, but told me that my iPhone is "under constraint" and that means that it could take up to 2 weeks for my replacement iPhone to arrive at the store.

The Genius then suggested that I also try going to my local AT&T store to get my Sim chip replaced. Once I was in the AT&T store that took about 30 seconds. The the AT&T rep said that when I connect to iTunes to set up my phone as a new phone.

I never got that far because I got the same messages repeated as before about my Sim chip.

Not good!