Standalone CRM App

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Duncan Dog, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Duncan Dog

Duncan Dog New Member

Hi All
    I am looking for a good stand alone CRM app to manage a small group of clients and sales prospects
    Any ideas ?

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

CRM Apps Are Definitely Needed!

I have previously used ACT! when I was on a PC but there seems to be a dearth of CRM apps for either the iPhone or OSX computers.

I agree that this is a big need and I really hope that someone addresses this soon!

3. blue frog

CRM Followup: Any Daylite Users--Please Share Feedback

This has really bugged me. I want a decent CRM application for both my MacBook and for my iPhone.

Daylite (Marketcircle | Mac Business Starts Here.) appears to be a likely candidate for that solution. If the info I read is reasonably current, their software sells for $189.00.

I was pleased to see that some reviewers had also been former ACT! users (as I am) and that they were impressed by the simplicty & power of Daylite.

The only downside is that you apparently have to get their Daylite Mail Integration Module (additional $39.00). It would have been nice to see that included in their software package.

If anyone on this site has been a user of Daylite, would you please share your feedback on your experience?

Oh, yeah--the reviews did say that Daylite does synch to iPhones!

FYI, Daylite only runs on OSX (at this time).

4. blue frog

Additional DayLite Followup Comments

If I read the info on the Market Circle website (DayLite is their product), the DayLite Mail Integration Module appears to now be incorporated into their DayLite Productivity Suite.

There were several "stories" which I usually refer to as referrals or endorsements, that indicated most of the reviewers had a previous history of using ACT! as their primary Customer Relationship Management tool on their PC. That raised my confidence level in DayLite by quite a bit.

It's looking more and more like buying DayLite as my CRM is going to be a slam dunk decision.

I also liked their user forums; they seemed informative and helpful.

Once I get DayLite bought and I have some experience with it, I'll check back in and share my feedback with all.

5. ericzhang

ericzhang Member

Hi all,

Do you want to customerization for these CRM requirement with your special features? If you are not so urgent, we can help you to develop the standalone CRM.

6. blue frog

Developer Interest In CRM App

Thank you for your interest. I have reviewed your private message to me, wherein you state that you could, for $150, develop a CRM standalone app that may be more robust than Daylite.

This opportunity is so wide-open, I am a bit surprised that you seek my paltry $150 for you to develop such an app. This is certainly the kind of app that many sales representatives, customer service people, and others would be willing to pay for in the App Store.

If you do develop such an app and are able to get it approved for sale in the App Store, I will probably be one of your first customers. I expect that you will sell a lot of that app because of the lack of competition for the CRM category at this time.

In summary, No, I will not pay you $150 to develop a CRM app. However, if you develop one and get it approved for sale, I will probably buy it as soon as it is available for sale in the App Store.

7. ericzhang

ericzhang Member

thanks for your reply,what's the price do you think it is the reasonable proice for the standalone CRM in app store? I think current price $199 is too expensive.

8. blue frog

Daylite Is A Strong Application But...

Daylite, at $199.00 seems like a powerful application for those of us with Mac desktops or laptops. However, it does not yet appear to have any true standalone App Store application.

I am also troubled by the insistence of Daylite on charging an annual (?subscription?) fee for the iPhone version even after you have paid the $199 for the desktop/laptop version. Plus, you have to have a dedicated server for the desktop/laptop version. It's kind of like trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer, in my opinion.

As for "what would you pay for an App Store standalone CRM App?" I would be willing to pay as much as $14.99, and I might consider going as high as $19.99 due to the extremely high value of such an application.

However, that appears to be a moot point since I am not aware of any standalone CRM apps that are currently available in the App Store.

If there are truly hungry App Developers out there, this is like a bunch of money just waiting to be picked up. Whoever does a good job on addressing this lack of a good standalone CRM App on the iTunes App Store ought to make a lot of money!

9. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

This is not fair. Peoples leave comments in threads not similar to the thread topic. I think admin should take care of it. Anyway Daylite is a good soft for this purpose I hope. But it's too costly.

10. blue frog

On Target

You are correct on both points.

1. People should post their info only in the proper thread. The ones preceding your post appear to be spam.

2. Daylite does seem to address the CRM challenge for the Apple world but it is pricey indeed at about $200.00.