Newb

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by cherrington, Jul 10, 2009.

1. cherrington

cherrington New Member

Hey, new to the forums... somewhat accustomed to the itouch, but i mostly had a question.

I have an employee plan though ATT,to which we cannot get an Iphone (we don't have a contract, and can't be on the Iphone plan) So I'm wondering if I managed to buy an unlocked version... could they really stop me from putting my SIM into that phone, and using it? I have unlimited internet access... I can't see how they could regulate which phone I can use.

Sound logical?

also... I haven't searched yet, but I upgraded my Itouch(1G) to 2.2.1 and my wifi was cooked. Stopped working immediately after that. I downgraded, to 2.2, and it still didn't... upgraded to 3.0... still nothing. Anyone ever seen/heard of this? Or know how to fix it? I gotta pray the local Istore goes easy on me... I did replace the battery myself. DOH. I have a few months of warranty left... i hope they just think it has a few usage scratches on the sides

2. CalvinRSX

CalvinRSX Active Member

For the iphone issue buy one on ebay>jailbreak+unlock with ultrasnow>insert the sim at&t lets you use for your account and they will never know you are using an iphone. The only thing you need to do is not take it to work. On the ipod touch, do a full reset. Especially if you plan to take it to the apple store, go to settings>general>reset>reset all content and settings. Make sure that you set the auto lock to never and, plug it in. It will take about 2 hours or more to finish. After it completes install 3.0. You should have all issues resolved by then.

3. cherrington

cherrington New Member

thanks calvin, i thought they couldn't block me from an unlocked phone.

and its not a problem of having at work... out ATT rep is very rarely around. (wouldn't care if he was.. hes a douche)

and i'll try the itouch solution... although, i think the chip itself is fried... so i'm not expecting much more then what i have.

btw. where in buffalo? thats where i am, too.

4. cherrington

cherrington New Member

so... after fighting with my computer (reset OS, and it screwed something up, so i had to reset again)

i reset the whole touch, and restored via itunes... still no wifi. this pretty much verifies my thoughts... the chip is burned out.

5. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

still cant believe that your iphone wifi stopped working because of a software update....i'll do a little research on this and will get back to u