streaming TV episodes on the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by kevinkubits, Jul 7, 2009.

1. kevinkubits

kevinkubits New Member

are there any sites that support streaming television episodes to the iPhone. Everything I read says it is not possible to stream flash video on the iPhone and the only option was downloading directly from iTunes however I have been told it is possible to stream mp4's and television in particular.

2. geraldhansen

geraldhansen New Member

streaming tv iPhone is possible

your in luck, I have been using this site: 3click.tv online television series subscription TV on demand which fully supports streaming their library of tv series which is now something over 30,000 episodes on the iPhone. I dont know how they do it but their files are mp4 and work excatly the same on my PC as they do on my iPhone so it must be Flash video. The resolution on the phone is fantastic and pretty good on my laptop too. It does not work on a 3g connection, but I usually use Wifi to keep my data costs down ayway. With a good solid connection you looking at buffer free TV on your phone (I noticed they are utilizing progressive streaming, meaning if you do have a week signal, pause it and let it load up but it is rare in most environments as it streams very smoothly.) All their stuff is ad free and each series has complete seasons so I like it. It is also rumured that Hulu.com has been trying to work in conjunction with Apple to get their programming on the phone in the future. Anyway, good luck with 3click.tv - it is by far the best thing I have found to do with my iPhone :)

3. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Streaming Live TV Would Be Compelling

I can especially see the very strong value in going to a live news feed if a major news story has just broken.

Also, as a football fan, I would love to be able to watch games wherever I happen to be.

As for watching TV series--not so much, for me.

4. Sam100

Sam100 Well-Known Member

Gerald Hansen, I thank you for telling about 3click.tv it is really woriking fine on my iphone. Can you tell me any other site where I can get similar stuff.