Restricitions - forgotten password

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by cyki, Jul 1, 2009.

1. cyki

cyki New Member

I already asked on lot of forums and no one could answer me so I hope there is some expert on this site that does ;)

I have locked "Restrictions" function and forgot password. Now there is message that I entered incorrect password 5 times. Question is, how many times can I enter incorrect password and what happen after that?

The second think I would like to ask, can be disabled "automounting" of camera into PC? In short I don't want to anyone see photos when I connect iPhone into computer.

2. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

I did not get you 2nd questions properly, so let me help you answering the first question, every phone has a default password provided by the company, when you dial incorrect password for several times, your system disables your settings and becomes inactive. By entering the default password, you can again get in.

3. cyki

cyki New Member

when you connect iPhone into computer, Mac/Win Machine automatically recognize a camera and I would like to prevent this. The reason is, that when I want to recharge battery using USB connector from somebody else's computer, I don't want to share my photos with him ;)

do you know how many tries I have for entering password? Yes, you are right company provides default password but I have already change that and also forgotten ;o)

4. CalvinRSX

CalvinRSX Active Member

I think the previous reply meant there is a master password the company (apple) puts in so if you take it in or call the user password can be reset. Try calling apple or going to the apple store. You could also do a full reset but that deletes all of your data and settings. On the second issue, the recognition of the iphone camera by both pc's and mac's is very annoying. I know because I have both and, have yet to find a way for either of them to stop noticing the camera. If you find one please let me know.

5. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

you can disable the function of it recognising on the pc....when u connect the iphone...the camera icon is reflected under my computer...just right click on the apple/camera iphone icon and go to properties....in there u can disable tthe option to recognise it...

6. cyki

cyki New Member

you are right but you missed the point. imagine a situation like was main, that I was in train and my battery was running empty and there was a guy with notebook so I asked him if I could to recharge battery from his notebook. He agreed... after time I realized that he was able to see naked photos of my girlfriend and after time my girlfriend found these pictures on the internet. Now she don't want even to talk with me.

7. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

i can understand ur predicament....unfortunately, the settings as described above can only be done on the PC itself....there is no settings on the iphone which disables this setting.

8. cyki

cyki New Member

I am not sure but apple support is supporting my iphone only for certain period of time?