it's filled with 4.8 GB others .. HOW COME ??

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by nashhahaha, Jun 28, 2009.

1. nashhahaha

nashhahaha New Member

i have an old generation of iphone .., it's 2G with 1.1.4 version .. and i don't know why it contains 4.8 GB of others when i plugged it on itunes .. How to see the contains of others and delete it ? so i could put more songs there .. It's 4.8 GB of others .., how come ? because there's not much apps in my iphone .., only dictionary, tap" revolution and bible .. please help me ..

2. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

It's possible that the phone just doesn't recognize some of your music or photos or whatever it may be, and instead just marks it as 'other'

3. nashhahaha

nashhahaha New Member

i thought so .., but how to see the contains of it ? then i could delete it ..

4. Walrusaurus

I don't think you can unfortunately:( try bringing it to an apple store and have them look at it maybe.

5. nashhahaha

nashhahaha New Member

Mm .., how if I go to the settings and choose erase all content and settings option .. Would it affect the sim card ?

6. Walrusaurus

I don't think it would, but I won't promise anything. If there's nothing on there that you don't mind losing, then that might be a good option.