iPhone is going to have GPS systems!

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Sheen91, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

I heard from a friend and later clarified that the new iPhone, which is going to be released next year, is going to have a GPS systems installed into it.:)

This is a really handy and great accesory for me tell me what you think and whether it will help you too. :p

The site that i obtained the information from is :

iPhone Accessories - iPhone Lover - iPhone Movie Video

Great information there hoped that helped:cool:

2. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

Oh really? That's very good. Hopefully, other people won't be able to locate a certain iPhone user without that iPhone user's permission. That's my only concern about have GPS on me: It risks my privacy. How can I trust the phone companies to protect my privacy, and not tell people where I am?

3. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

A Little Paranoia Is Healty.

I hear what you're saying about the potential for "tattletale GPS" but, in the long run, the positive applications may outweigh such concerns.

"What applications?" you ask--Consider a sales rep using the GPS feature to figure out the most fuel-efficient (fewest miles) route for his daily/weekly/monthly sales calls.

However, I did hear some speculation about how if you have the GPS turned on in your iPhone, potentially, you could have a $1 Off coupon pop up for Starbucks as you get close to one of their locations. I really do not want nosy businesses using my iPhone--and burning up precious battery time--for their ads.