iPhone does not recognize SIM card - HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Darthcardo, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Darthcardo

Darthcardo New Member

Tried to get the answer searching older threads but it seems that this issue hasn't been discussed before...

I've bought an used iPhone 3G 8Gb that's unlocked using an extremely thin GEVEY turbosim...

The thing is that quite often (in the day) while I'm surfing the web using the phone or just doing nothing...my cell phone company's logo dissapears and a missing SIM card warning appears...just like that.

Was it hardware overheating causing the issue? No it wasn't because it happens in every possible scenario, twice a day (or more). If I restart the iPhone the problem does not go away.

The only way to solve it is to shut down the iPhone, remove the SIM card plastic container, insert it back and the starting the phone. It searches the cell phone network and is back on business (most of the time).

The iPhone has it's software original. No jailbreaking at all. "About" says the following technical data:

version: 2.2.1 (5H11)
    operator: Carrier 2.9
    modem firmware: 02.30.03

Could anyone help me with this? It's very annoying and it's driving me crazy :(