Question about switching to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jasony0423, Jun 23, 2009.

1. jasony0423

jasony0423 New Member

Please delete this thread, and my account.
    Thanks.

2. Sam100

Sam100 Well-Known Member

Hi, as far as to my knowledge these are the Pros and Cons of the iPhone. Since I don't use it much i have mentioned only a few here.

Pros:
    Good to surf the internet
    Good Design
    High resale value
    Good Brand

Cons

No built-in video recorder (Unless you jailbreak it and install third party video recorder software) as of now but I heard that the new one will have it soon.

You cannot forward sms to other people unless you have a jailbroken Iphone and you will install third-party sms application that could forward SMS to other contacts.

not convenient for text messaging because of its virtual keypad.

Poor phone signal

Inferior voice quality when making a call

Above all it's Expensive

3. JTucker

JTucker Member

iPhone is best at what it does in fact it is the best phone we got in the market. Besides you will get many apps for it. So no doubt that iPhone is better than BB.

4. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

iPhone Keeps Getting Stronger As A Platform

Unless you are absolutely dedicated to having a physical keyboard, the iPhone is your obvious choice! The library of Apps (50,000 and growing) is amazing. The iPhone just upgraded its firmware to 3.0 and added functionality with that upgrade.

After starting from ground zero 2 years ago, the iPhone now represents 10% of the smartphone market. If it were a lemon, you surely would have heard by now. You will not make a mistake by buying an iPhone.

5. germangirl

germangirl Member

well one pro is that you can use joyriact with your iphone.....

this i found out already

6. Proco2020

Proco2020 Active Member

I've been a iPod Touch user for the last 6 months and today had my new Nokia N97 delivered at 16:00, it's now 22:24 and I'm seriously thinking of getting out of my contract and getting an 3G S.

The only reason I didn't get an iPhone was because of the network and I already have a Touch and my G/F will go up the wall but after only 5hrs with the N97 I think it's worth the move.

I want a phone and an internet browser and I think from what I can see the iPhone does exactly that, the N97 is to fiddly but I will give it a couple more days.

7. Proco2020

Proco2020 Active Member

OK I lied, I've just cancelled the N97 and it's going back to Vodafone asap.:(

Now what's the best contract on O2, I'm thing the 18m at £35pm for 16GB, is that correct or can it be bettered? I want to avoid 24m contract as I'm bound to have damaged it before then or Apple would have brought out a new phone by then.

8. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Switching to iphone is really a smart decision. But before using a iphone, everyone should be familiar with what an iphone is and learn how to use it. Or else new problems will take place realted to this phone everyday.

9. Proco2020

Proco2020 Active Member

What do you mean learn how to use it, can you explain?

10. Acid159

Acid159 Member

I was a all-nokia user and I switched to iPhone 6months back.

I wondered alot why is all this hype around iPhone and what is it about iPhone which other phones like N97 cant do...but I must say, iPhone is special... It's complete and a different experience..

That's all I can say!