Iphone 3G Frozen...Kinda?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by 3G`, Jun 23, 2009.

1. 3G`

3G` New Member

I have an Iphone 3g that I unlocked and Jailbroken a pretty long time ago. But for the past few months once in awhile when I pick it up to use it, It wont work. I'll hit the power button...Nothing. The home button...Nothing. I'll hold the power button...Nothing. The way I found to "Wake it back up" Was to connect it to my computer via USB. Then I'd restart it and everything would be ok. But now it's getting wose and more frequent. Like right now, I have it connected to my computer. It'll make the beeping sound when I hook it up to the computer, then Itunes will recognize it but I have to unlock it with my passcode wich I can't type in since nothing appears on the screen. Another thing that I found that works is when it's frozen, I'd call it from another phone and it'd wake up and everything would be fine....Now just a ringtone. Has any one had this prob. before? Help would be nice.

Thanks.

2. spoiledcat805

spoiledcat805 Member

oh i had the same issue with my iphone, you hold the top power button down and the home button down at the same time and it will restart you iphone

what causes that is you turning off the screen to put in in your pocket, not powering it off, while one of your apps is running. it causes that program to freeze/crash and locks your phone in the black screen

a lot of apps are unstable and if it happens after using a specific app then there is the culprit and you should remove that app to fix the problem