How to buy one??

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by omarV, Jun 21, 2009.

1. omarV

omarV Member

Hey i'm new to the forum, so hi to everyone!

I'm visiting the states next year, i hope, and i wanted to buy an iphone 'cause here prices are nuts, i think a 8gb iphone costs roughly about 1500 U$. I've been reading though, and it seems that apple did not make it easy at all, you need to activate it and that stuff, including the contract thing.

Well, here's the situation, i got a pay-as-you-go line from AT&T ('cause last time i was there i bought a very nice Moto RAZR V3) and my uncle lives there so i guess that i could use his social number (i think that's the name) as long as he doesn't have to pay anything. How can i buy one?? i can unlock it and jailbreak it so consider every possible scenario... even ebay. I mean, can i buy one at Best Buy or an apple store without contract (and then unlock it, etc)?? or maybe can i buy one there using my PAYG line?? finally how about activation?? once i unlock it do i need to activate anyway??

thanking you in advance, pleeeaaseee i need your help!!!

2. sharla

sharla New Member

I kind of have the same problem.... I have a iPhone that a uncle bought, but I would like to buy another one by e-bay, but I don't know if it is just buy or how does it work?
    The one my uncle bought is alredy unlock and everything, but if it isn't, how do I do?

thnx

3. omarV

omarV Member

the one your uncle bought, how did he get it?? on ebay too? or an appstore or sth like that?

about buying it on ebay, usually you can find already unlocked phones but otherwise you can unlock it youself (or pay to someone who knows how to do it) which it's kind of complicated if you don't have any experience with phones or computers in general.. but as long as you have a good tutorial, you can do it, i mean, anyone can do it, but the problem is when sth doesn't go as the tutorial says, so you have to "guess" or try to solve it on your own, and there's when it's kinda dangerous if you don't know what you're doing

bye, any help will be appreciated

4. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

you can buy off ebay....the 2g and the 3g are being sold at a reasonable price...to jailbreak and unlock it...u can visit my website...no need to pay anything to anybody for it

5. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

E bay is not a bad solution for you. Don't worry about jailbreaking. It's not so hard to do. You just use any good app. Once you unlock it do I don't think you need to activate it again.

6. omarV

omarV Member

okay guys, thanks to you all, i guess i'll just buy it on ebay. There's one thing though that gets on my nerves and that is the fact that they always use Bids, there are no Buy It Now, i just hate not to know whether i'm getting the phone or not!! any tip on that??

thanx

7. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

there is a buy it now options as well in ebay. please chk

8. omarV

omarV Member

yeah i already know that, and tried a billion times and usually i get a few results for crazy prices so go figure