What iphone should I get? classic, 3G, or 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by Juans_enough, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Juans_enough

Juans_enough New Member

I recently broke my palm pre and now want to change to at&t. I want to get an iphone but I do not know which one to get. I can get an iphone classic for $50, but I know it had problems. I want an iphone3GS but I dont know if I can afford it. I want to know about the iphone3G. how better is it? should I get the 3G with the contract? plz help!!!

2. James Bond

James Bond Member

iphone 3G for $50 ???
    That is so cheap it is unheard of.

I say that you should buy the 3G and get used to the phone for a while....
    it is very different. then the 3Gs will be cheaper by that stage and you can upgrade if you can afford it then... simple

3. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

3GS is Best Choice for Now

Cheaper iPhones will deliver less performance.

I am holding onto a 2G 16GB iPhone until the 2010 upgrade comes next June or July. I am living with a bunch of compromises; that will change when I upgrade.

I do not suggest that you go with either a 2G classic or with the 3G. Both have challenges with wimpy battery life.

The 3GS is way faster and has, I believe, a better battery than the 2G or the 3G.

4. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Iphone in only $50. How did you manage in so cheap rate. You can try for iphone 3GS. Its not so costly but not so cheap as $50. You can even buy it for a 2 year contract. Just search for it.

5. balsy_megan

balsy_megan Member

I'll pick 3Gs than 2G because I think it got better performance than the previous model.

6. Johnsonnguyen6957

Johnsonnguyen6957 New Member

Wow $50, I suggest you go with the most recent iphone 3gs, only because the original first generation iphone is discontinued and if in need of repair, parts will be scarce. The 3g edition is good, but 3gs has better battery life and a faster processor. Overall invest in a 3gs for now or if you have patience wait for the 2010 edition.